After bath time you love to snuggle in Mommy and Daddy's bed to watch Elmo. Last night you said the sweetest thing to Daddy.....it truly melted my heart. You snuggled up to him, gave him a big hug and said, "Daddy, I'm so happy!"
This was the morning of your actual birthday playing with the leftover decorations and about to open presents from mommy and daddy, you still have bedhead.
Good morning my big 2 year old!
Happy Birthday Cale, I can't believe that you are already 2 years old! The time has flown by and I couldn't imagine what our lives would be without you. You bring so much laughter and joy to our home and you amaze us each and every day with all that you do. Here are a few things that you are doing now.
- We have moved you upstairs because your little sister is going to be coming soon, you like to sleep in your "choo choo" bed and every night is the same routine. You are very scheduled....hmmm how did that happen? Daddy has to read, A Mudpie for Mother, and Mommy has to read Tickle Monster. Then we all have to sing Old McDonald had a Farm and you get to pick the animals, after that it is Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, kisses for both you and Woody and your off to bed. You really do make it pretty easy on us.
- You are still kind of little in the leg department to walk up the stairs by yourself, so we count on the way up to 16 while we hold your hand. In the morning you insist on us to hold you, no math too early for this kid!
- Your new thing is to "making a mess" I am ready for this phase to pass, b/c you really like to dig in Mommy's flower pots and throw dirt all over the back patio.
- You LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be outside! Whether it is riding your four wheeler, tricycle, in your wagon, playing soccer, baseball or looking for bugs, it is always a struggle to get you inside to eat and get ready for bed.
- You are almost potty trained, YEAH! You wear big boy undies everyday and only wear a pull-up when we are going into public, nap-time and bedtime. You rarely have accidents which is nice since we are about to have another diaper wearing sibling in the house.
- You love to sing songs, dance, play with your friend next door and your puppy Barkley. Your new favorite toy is Woody from Toy Story, you take him everywhere with you and many times he is what wakes us up in the morning with his lovely sayings streaming through the monitor.